What have I noticed so far through this challenge?
- Soreness for sure! However it is nothing that I haven’t felt 10 times worse from grueling workouts and double sessions of sports practice
- A sense that I am finally grasping the yoga concept of feeling the pose
- A sense that during my practice I can scan my body and know what I need to do a little better- I don’t have to wait to be cued or feel rushed through a pose. If I want to express it a little longer or take an asana that calls to me, then I do it.
- I am able to express my emotions better- this is especially important with the emotional stress of having my husband gone. Little things that would annoy me before still annoy me. However- I am able to talk to him about it before it becomes an argument. I am thinking through things instead of impulsively reacting to a situation. Not 100% of the time but much much much more than before.
- I have more patience. Mainly with myself!
- I am seeing the good in others more and more (or maybe I’m just surrounding myself with better people?)
I am interested to see how the next 25 days will reshape my physical and emotional well being. Until then- I’ll keep at it one day at a time.
For more recipes, fitness tips and motivation checkout my Facebook Page
Or if you’re looking to get in contact to join one of my fitness boot camps you can fill out this form.